Public Works and Park Services is responsible for Water & Sewer, Solid Waste, Recycling, Recycling, Road Maintenance, Bridges & Stormwater Maintenance.
Through routine maintenance and a work order system, Public Works and Park Services provides for:
- The safety of the traveling public
- Efficiency of drainage infrastructure
- Coordination of boating traffic with vehicular traffic
- Safe drinking water and sanitary sewage
- Recycling opportunities
- The collection of yard waste and bulky items
Many of the maintenance functions include mowing of county roadways and canals, grading of dirt roads, installation and repair of traffic signs, sweeping street gutters, repairing roadway failures and damages, striping of roads, cleaning and construction of open and closed storm water drainage conduits, curbside collection of yard waste and bulky items and multiple solid waste drop off centers, and operating of drawbridges.
Public Works is a division of Chatham County's Public Works and Parks & Recreation Department.